Celesio AG, a quoted company based in Stuttgart, is one of the leading international service companies in the pharma and healthcare market. Celesio is represented in 18 countries and employs around 41,000 employees. With more than 2,200 of their own pharmacies and 4,500 partner and brand partner pharmacies Celesio serves over 2 million customers daily, delivers to around 65,000 independent pharmacies and hospitals with up to 130,000 medications and in this way reaches around 15 million patients every day.
The goal for the Celesio management was to introduce Customer Relationship Management for the entire concern. The decisive points for this step were the twin challenges with the organisation of the heterogeneous and local solutions as well as the limited local utilisation of the data.
The decision to use SAP CRM was taken before the beginning of the project. Nevertheless it was unclear which processes within CRM would be delivered in the first version. Correspondingly it was first necessary to take stock of the situation.
STAGE 1: The following questions were posed in order to give information in regard to the status quo:
- Which processes relevant to CRM had already been implemented at the various organisations?
- Which systems were in use?
- Which internally developed systems were in use?
- What added value was offered by these solutions relevant to other organisations?
- Which processes were in the process of implementation?
The necessary information was obtained through a large number of interviews, workshops and through an active review of the systems documentation. The result was an updated current situation for the Process Architecture, and the goal was to use this information to give management a first estimate of the size and costs of the project.
STAGE 2: Following this the current Process Architecture was used as a basis for the definition of the desired result. In addition various discussions were again held with the Team Leader and the “Super Users” in order to obtain as precise a picture as possible of the customer requirements. In this way it was possible to determine the extent of the implementation phase on the basis of the defined target situation taking into account the results of the interviews.
STAGE 3: In order to reach the next goal – an all-embracing look at the complete Solution Architecture and the system design – the contrimo consultant had to resolve the following series of questions:
- How can the required processes be integrated into the SAP CRM standard process?
- If applicable how much time and effort is necessary for customer-specific enhancements?
- Which processes should be removed from the ERP?
- How should the existing BI infrastructure be utilised?
All necessary information has now been collected and the final stage of the project – planning and implementation – can now be introduced.
STAGE 4: contrimo have developed their own template procedure for the planning and implementation. In concrete terms that means that the following challenges have to be mastered:
- How can the concern-wide introduction of CRM be executed?
- How can the cost per business unit be minimised?
- Which prerequisites must be met?
- Which activities are necessary, which are optional, and which can be worked on in parallel?
A general solution approach was proposed on the basis of methods and techniques (for example with methods and techniques such as setting parameters, workshop sequences, process documentation, procedural instructions), guaranteeing each business unit necessary individual features, but also ensured that management requirements for a unified data base. The approach similarly ensured that at all times the people involved were informed about each step in the process. Possible problems could be detected immediately and potential periods of idleness could be avoided.
The following services were provided to Celesio under the framework of the project.
- Feasibility Study
- Workshop co-ordination
- Definition of project goals
- Development of a template procedure
- Organisation of interviews and workshops
- Analysis of requirements
- Recommendation of processes to be used
- Conversion of the results from the analysis of requirements into a Solution and Process Architecture.
- Detailed analysis of the Solution and Process Architecture for interdependencies, gaps, breaks and redundancies.
The public limited company Celesio AG situated in Stuttgart is a German healthcare and pharmaceutical company. With 39,000 employees, Celesio operates in 14 countries around the world and generated revenue of more than 21,407.7 million euros in 2013.