SAP revised their company-wide BI strategy under the project name “NewBI”. The aim of this development was to introduce the new basis technologies of HANA and Business Objects 4.0. In this way the spectrum of terminal equipment was to be expanded. Tablets and Smartphones were to join PCs as a part of the new information strategy.
The project was not just innovative from a technical standpoint, but above and beyond this due to the project methodology used. Instead of the generally used ASAP Method an innovative approach was utilized with SCRUM as an agile approach model. In order to properly conform to the requirements of BI projects, it was also necessary to make slight modifications to the SCRUM standard version. In the final analysis, it was found to be precisely these modifications, which brought considerable added value to the project.
As an external service provider we completed following activities as our contribution to the success of the project:
- Support for the Program and Project Management
- Project supervision
- Further development of SCRUM methods for BI based projects
- Ensuring Compliance of SCRUM based methodology
- Risk Managment
- Direction of War Rooms
- Co-ordination of subordinate project teams spread over 5 Continents
- Introduction of a Bridge Head Concept
- Test Management (E.g. preparation of Test Cases and Test Plans, preparation of Test Reports, development of Test Metrics)
- Analysis of existing FI / CO processes
- Compilation of a partial Process Architecture for the FI / CO Processes
SAP SE is an European multinational software corporation that makes enterprise software to manage business operations and customer relations. SAP is headquartered in Walldorf, Baden-Württemberg, Germany, with regional offices around the world. The company’s best-known software products are its enterprise resource planning application systems and management (SAP ERP), its enterprise data warehouse product – SAP Business Warehouse (SAP BW), SAP Business Objects software, and most recently, Sybase mobile products and the in-memory computing appliance SAP HANA. SAP is one of the largest software companies in the world.