Integration of SAP CRM and Marketo (Marketing Tool)
In this project a new marketing tool (Marketo) has been added to the IT architecture. The tool will be used to run automated email campaigns. These campaigns will run based on the master data of the central SAP CRM system. The preconditions for this is a full integration of SAP CRM and Marketo.
The following CRM objects have been integrated in Marketo:
- Contacts (Business Partners)
- Corporate Customers (Business Partners)
- Courses (customer-specific object, used in direct connection with corporate customers)
- Marketing Attributes
- Sales Employees
- Contact changes in SAP CRM result in a direct object change in Marketo. This object is the central object for the Marketing Automation. All other objects are assigned to contacts and contribute to an optimized segmentation in Marketo.
- Target groups can be created for contacts with open opportunities or already gained opportunities.
- Additionally, it is also possible to run email campaigns based on a certain university or universities with a certain type of faculty. For course information, an even higher degree of granularity in segmentation is possible. As a result, even contacts of a certain lecture can be grouped together.
- The marketing attributes all display different information; on the one hand they display opt-in/opt-out information or account registrations for newsletters and on the other hand they display the individual preferences of a customer gained from the web shop profile, which allow a segmentation based on the individual touch point preferences.
Technologies and Modules Applied in the Project
- SAP CRM
- SAP PI
- REST / OData